Thursday, February 27, 2014

Here Are The Top 37 Things Dying People Say They Regret. Learn From It Before It’s Too Late.

This article really puts things into perspective.  We all go through life being so busy and caught up in the moment.  But when people are on their death beds they really look back and think about what they should have done differently.  We shouldn't wait until it is too late to think about ways to enjoy life.  I am completely guilty of many of these:

  • Staying at a job I dislike because it is a paycheck, and I need to pay bills.  You need to change your situation, you are the only one with that power.  
  • Bad relationships.  We have all had one, not necessarily everyone's was a romantic relationship, but none the less, it needs to end.  Once a bad relationship reaches a certain point, and it is clear it will not be fixed, the best thing to do is get rid of it.  This is one area that I am terrible with.  But when you think about it this way, it is better to be lonely then miserable.  In the case of a romantic relationship, if you do not get rid of the negative relationship, there will never be room for the right relationship to develop.  
  • Going to see your favorite musician.  This is one that I just accomplished.  I finally allowed myself to splurge and buy Miley Cyrus tickets for the concert that is in one week.  I have known about if for months... last night I finally realized I would most likely regret it if I missed the concert.  You never know when the opportunity will present itself again.  Its not a life altering event, but it is something you will enjoy and should not pass up.  
  • Spending your youth being self-absorbed.  So many people in society today are self-absorbed.  I am definitely guilty of this as well.  There are different levels, and we should all try to minimize this.  
  • Holding grudges, especially with those you love.  Everyone gets into arguments and disagreements, but some people take these too far.  You should try to resolve issues instead of holding onto them.  Holding onto them hurts both parties, and takes too much energy to make yourself unhappy.  
  • Working too much.  This one I am definitely guilty of.  Lately I have been working 60 hours a week between two jobs, with being a full-time senior in college.  It makes me feel good to be able to tell people how much I work, and sometimes I enjoy being able to complain about it.  That may sound odd, I think it does, but it somehow makes me feel good about myself.  I have recently put in my two weeks at one of these jobs, this will free up 20 hours a week.  I may pick up another shift or two at my other job, but this solves two of these issues: working too much and leaving a job you dislike.  I want to enjoy life.  I am only 21, I don't want to spend my youth constantly working.  I want to spend time with family and friends, my puppy, and allow for "me time."  These are all very important to remaining happy.  
  • Learning how to cook.  I feel this is something every young person who has ventured into the real world has to develop overtime.  I want to work on this and learn to enjoy cooking meals for myself.  
There are many more important aspects to this, these are just a few that stuck out to me.  Let me know which you find the most important or surprising to you in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment